GivingTuesday 2021 toolkit: Planned & major giving
On November 30th, 2021, the world will come together for GivingTuesday, a global day of generosity. With a record $2 billion raised in 2020, it continues to be one of the largest giving days of the year, only second to New Year’s Eve. While nonprofits usually prioritize securing annual cash donations during GivingTuesday campaigns, it’s still a highly visible giving time and a great moment to connect with planned and major giving prospects.
This toolkit contains tips for success, communication recommendations, email templates, phone scripts, and more to help you break through the noise and warm up your prospects. It will also help you educate your major donors on tax-savvy giving options that make a much bigger impact than cash gifts.
In the template pack:
- GivingTuesday themes for planned & major giving
- 3 strategies for success on GivingTuesday
- Communications timeline
- Postscripts, website banners, & templates for mass outreach
- Email templates for engagement pre-GivingTuesday
- Email templates for day-of solicitation
- Email templates for GivingTuesday follow-up
- Sample phone scripts
One-page fact sheets on planned giving and non-cash gifts